The Project includes the hardware and software development necessary to upgrade an existing product line. Various areas of development are involved. Windows based programs are used to download/upload information for the blood pressure monitoring unit. This unit contains application specific software residing on a Texas Instruments TMS320C DSP microprocessor. The microprocessor is interfaced to blood pressure sensors residing with the patient. Since the project was short term (approximately two months), a particular challenge was to get “up to speed” as soon as possible.
- Proficiency in Visual C++ for development of Windows based applications
- Proficiency in “C” for microprocessor applications, “Brief” and TI “Tiger” emulator operation
- Familiarity with embedded/real-time application development as well as communications
- Ability to understand schematics and blueprints
- Good organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- System architecture
- Software development methodology
- C, Visual C++, Brief, emulator
- Design, development, testing and documentation
Short term project of about 2 ½ months.
Medical Device Manufacturer